AR-15 UPPER BUILD CLASS
Class Length: 2.5 hours
Class Size: 5 students
Dates: Sat, March 24th at 1:00 at Forest Park and Wed, March 20th at 6:00 at North Store
Cost: $50 per person
The AR-15 style rifle is one of the most popular platforms in the United States for the civilian firearms market. This class will walk you through and allow you to assemble your own AR-15. We provide the tools and knowledge necessary to build the upper receiver of the firearm.
The class will focus on these areas:
- Basic design and history of the AR-15
- Parts identification
- Possible build configurations as well as legalities to consider
- Hands on assembly of the upper receiver
- Function tests
- How to maintain the AR15 platform
- Options for finishing build (sights/optics, lights/lasers, slings etc).
- How to zero your firearm
For the class you will be required to provide the following parts:
- Upper receiver-Can be stripped or completed minus barrel. If stripped, upper receiver parts kit
- Barrel– If barrel is less than 16” you must also possess an AR-15 pistol lower
- Flash hider/muzzle brake
- Gas block and gas tube
- Hand guard and associated hardware– some are free floated and mount to barrel nut, others may require a forward mounting point like on a military A2 sight. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Bring all paperwork from the hand guard manufacturer for important information on torque specifications.
- Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle– sometimes included with purchase of complete upper.
- Sighting System-iron sights or optical sights
*Most if not all of these parts will be available for purchase at the store depending on current inventory. We suggest getting the parts early in case something sells out quickly.